Sunday, March 14, 2010

On Your Marks, Get Set, Go!!!

Once upon a time (4 years ago), my way cool friends Marianne and Julie convinced Kelsey and me to run the Rex Lee Run with them. We all ran it together the first couple of years. Sadly, last year I had to skip the run and sit on the sidelines because of a nasty cough and broken rib. This year, I was determine to run it. Unfortunately, Mare had to skip it this year, since the walking boot she is currently sporting does not allow for running. Kels decided to skip it because she wanted to use her money for other causes, and Jules was in the process of moving. Lucky for me, my sister Nicole decided she would take on the challenge with me (despite her currently-healing foot). So we packed up Miss Mia in the stroller and started off.
I'm proud to say we survived. And I'm amazed that after a 4-5 month hiatus from any exercise in general, the soreness is at a minimum.


The Crew- Mare, Kels, and Mom came to cheer us on as we crossed the finish line.


We survived!



She slept through the entire race and woke up as we crossed the finish line. What a good sport!

(Also... Happy 100th Post!!!)

6 comments:

Jill said...

Good job! I totally miss that race.

How Sweet it is! said...

Yea for running and finishing the race. maybe next year I will run it...MAYBE.

Jan said...

Yay for you! You are awesome -- what fun pics! (and what a fun time!)

Kelsey M. said...

woot! so sad i couldnt run this year. maybs i'll do the freedom run. but last year it was kinda nice to sleep in. haha i sound so lazy.

Karin said...

I am completely impressed and I must say you have one stinking adorable family from your mom all the way down to sweet Mia!

Arif Ammar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.