Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back To School

Holy smokes. It's the end of August already. The summer flew by way too fast. I can't believe school has started already. Yikes. Time to plan lessons, grade papers, write tests, and teach. This year should be fun:

1- I'm at a new school... in Lindon. Which means my drive to work is only 10 minutes. Love that.
2- I have 7th graders this year. They (hopefully, and at least for now) aren't quite as jaded as my 9th graders were last year.
3- I only teach 2 periods. That means the amount I will be grading will be significantly less. Bonus.
4- I get to teach fun books like Holes and The Lightning Thief.
5- What can I say? I love teaching. Kids are so fun. I think I have the coolest job ever.


(Please excuse the lameness of my title. I seriously stared at my screen for 15 minutes trying to come up with something creative and witty... but, as you can see, I was seriously lacking in those areas.)

7 comments:

Jan said...

Those lucky 7th graders!! You will be one of their best gifts this year.

xoxo

Karin said...

I just found my answers! Hope you love it, I know the kids will love you.

michael. mindy. dane. said...

Good luck! Are you subbing or anything on your off days? If not, I say go you! I would love to be part-time. I'm excited to read about how things go. 7th grade is SO fun to teach. I have 6 7th grade classes, and I'm excited (even if repeating lessons that many times does get old!). Can't wait to hear your stories!

Kelsey M. said...

um, what does jaded mean? also, i'm sorry i could not help you think of a better title either. but at least you posted! bonus.

Kasie said...

Hey! I'm also teaching the Lightening Thief . . . but to Honors 9th grade (it is way too easy for them, I know. But I can't fight the curriculum map). Want to share ideas? :)

Michael, Xela, and Arian said...

Are you @ OCJH? That's where I did my student teaching! L. Lister was my cooperating teacher!

Staci said...

It's always nice to have work so close, didn't you have to drive a long way last year? I bet it's especially nice considering all the construction that started this year.