Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The day we celebrated freedom.


The 4th of July is kind of a big holiday in our family. I'm talking an all day, all night extravaganza. It's serious business, folks. And by the end of it all, I am a zombie. Oh but it's worth it. This year's festivities included:

- A late night party the night before down at the family parade spot... fireworks, laughter, food, good times. Thank goodness my sleeping-on-the-parade-route days are over and have been lovingly bequeathed to the next generation of youngsters.
- Freedom Run with the Addis family (well... I was the photographer thank you to my incapacitated foot)
- The parade
- BBQ and swimming party at the Stone's house. We have always spent the afternoon of July 4th there. I can't imagine a Fourth of July without it.
- Stadium of Fire. The Beach Boys were entertaining and the fireworks this year were spectacular. Probably the best year yet. The best part is having most of my mom's side of the family there. We took up three rows this year and had a blast together.

And there you have it. Another great 4th of July down in the books.

(*Thank you to the Californians for sneaking their pretty lil faces into some of our pictures. So glad they were there with us!)

1 comment:

Kelsey M. said...

glad you made those nast pics of me small so no one can see them :) haha. what a great day, as always.