Sunday, August 11, 2013

In a perfect world...

* Chocolate, ice cream, and other treats would be good for me.
* Summers would be longer... I'm a big fan of getting paid to play!
* The temperature would stay 82 degrees for most of the year. #heaven
* I could snap my fingers and my classroom would be ready to go for the new year.
* Diet Coke would also be good for me.
* Mr. Perfect would be easier to find. Heck, he'd be found already!
* People would just get along. None of this war stuff. No bullying. No fighting. Just happiness.
* There would be more time to just sit and read. 
* I wouldn't crave ice cream sandwiches all.the.time. (seriously, it's a problem!)
* I'd be brave enough to go do fun things by myself. #singlepeopleproblems
* More people would understand the difference between your and you're. 
* Shark week would be at least a biannual event. #nerdalert

But...
We don't live in a perfect world. But I'd say my world is pretty close to perfect! I am lucky enough to have...
* A family who loves me and supports me-- and who all live within a two mile radius of me.
* A job that I love more than I ever imagined I would. (How am I already starting my 5th year of teaching?!?)
* Students who sometimes teach me more than I teach them.
* Some really good friends.
* Mountains ten minutes away.
* A house to live in, a car to drive, and food to eat.
* A love for reading... and a never ending list of books I want to read.
* The Church. And all that goes with it.
* My sweet nieces and nephew. I absolutely adore them. 

No comments: