Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dating Advice...

From my waiter.

Just got back from a tasty dinner at Mama Chus. We have been loyal customers for years, and one waiter in particular knows us pretty well. (No, we don't go there that often; he just has a good memory!) I was impressed that he remembered my order, and even more impressed that he remembered that I was going to be a teacher. He asked me about that, then asked about Nicole and Chaz. He then turned to me and said:
"So when are you going to get married?"
Me: "That's a good question. I wish I knew the answer!"
(At this point, you could tell that he knew he had kind of put his foot in his mouth and was quickly searching his brain to find a way out of the hole he had just dug for himself.)
Him: "Well, you'll find someone! It's all in the timing. When you find him, you will do great!"
Me: "Haha. Yeah. It's all in the timing!"
(All the while, I was thinking, "Wow. Am I really getting dating advice from my waiter? This is pretty funny!")

Thank you, George. Perhaps a bigger tip would have been a nice way to thank him for his words of wisdom.

2 comments:

Jan said...

OK, that totally makes me smile. Either he wants to date you himself, or he's a dad kind of guy who just wants you to be settled and happy!

Kelsey M. said...

Oh George...silly silly George. This was quite entertaining to witness. He's such a nice fella.