Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year Down...

How are we to the end of another year already? Didn't 2012 just start?!? I guess it's time for my yearly review!

This year has been an adventure, and while nothing too big and life changing has happened, it's still a year worth reporting about! :) Here are some of the highlights:

* Starting the year off with a bang by jumping into full time teaching. And jumping between two classrooms for the first two weeks of that. What a wild ride!
* Moving into a new apartment in February. Finding one was an adventure. But... when the roomie gets married, and you choose not to live with the newlyweds, 'tis something that needs to be done. :)
* Turning 28 in March. (30 is just around the corner now! Eek!)
 * Finding a human molar on the floor of my classroom. No one ever claimed it as theirs. Siiiiiick.
* Going to Phoenix for Spring Break to visit the Hall family.
* Going to the Hill Air Force Base Air Show in May--- and getting completely wet and cold from the crazy rain storm. 
* Going to Nine Mile Canyon. Super hot. But... super worth it. So many cool things to look at!
* Jamming my foot into cement curbing in June. Being told it was probably a sprain. But then being told by another doctor that it was really a stress fracture and wasting spending the next SIX weeks of my summer in a walking boot, unable to do any of the fun things I had planned on doing.
* Finding out a couple of months later from two different doctors (and a gazillion x-rays and an MRI) that my foot was never actually broken, and that the first doctor misdiagnosed me. Aaaaaawesome.
* Turning something on the lathe for the first time. My rolling pin is pretty dang awesome, if I do say so myself!
* Spending a weekend in Park City with some of my favorite ladies.
* Buying a new car. Poor Nissy was about to bite the dust, so I bit the bullet and swallowed the idea of having a car payment again. So glad I did!
* Fun Halloween shenannigans with my family.
* Having Kelsey, Riley, and Emmett move in next door to me. 
* Spending LOTS of time loving and spoiling Mia and Emmett. Being an aunt is the best thing ever!
* Going to the coldest BYU football game ever. 
* Running a 5K to support the Huntsman Cancer Institute in honor of my Uncle Dean, who was recently diagnosed with brain cancer.
* Went sledding for the first time in six years. Why do I not do that every year? It was SO much fun!
* Feeling like an adult when I bought my own TV and washer and dryer. Being an adult is expensive!
* Letting Julie take me from blonde to brown--- and loving it! 
* Finally being able to quit my second job! I had a great 10 years at the doctor's office, but it was time to move on. Mostly I did it to maintain my sanity. And to have my nights to myself again. Happy New Year to me!!
* Ending the year surrounded by family and friends, and being reminded how much I cherish the relationships I have with the people close to me. Experiencing a death in the family brings a new perspective, and reminds me again just how blessed we are to have the promise of eternal families.
* And finally... LOVING all the snow we got the last couple of weeks of the year. Driving in the snow is not my thing, but I absolutely love, love, love, to watch it fall and look at the snow-covered world.



So here's to 2013... I can't wait to see what it brings! I am looking forward to finishing my Gifted & Talented Endorsement, finishing my teaching portfolio that will allow me to move to a level 2 license, spending lots of time with my family and friends, and just enjoying life and what it brings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lets hear it for 2012! now on to 2013. Lots of fun and adventures to come