Monday, October 6, 2008

Alpine Loop

We drove the Alpine Loop between General Conference sessions on Sunday and it was absolutely gorgeous! The aspen trees were such a vibrant yellow and were so pretty! Timp is now covered in snow... I am so glad we hiked it when we did! Skyler had a great time trying to find the few red leaves that we could find. He even wore his Indiana Jones hat, (maybe he thought we were going on an adventure of some sort) and kept referring to our drive as a vacation. It was quite funny. While it wasn't exactly a vacation, it was a nice drive and an incredible reminder of how much I love the mountains and how thankful I am for the chance to live in such a pretty place. I am so blessed!
The aspens were such a bright yellow!

I love how blue the sky is! It was stunning!

Isn't it beautiful?!?!? (but I'm still glad I didn't have to hike through it!)

Me and Kels


Mom, Skyler, Kels, and Me


3 comments:

How Sweet it is! said...

I loved the drive also. It was amazingly beautiful. What a wonderful place we live!

Jan said...

We don't get the color change here much at all -- I love it here and that's about the one imperfect thing I can come up with.

Loved seeing your pictures -- thanks!

Kelsey M. said...

You did not give me the creds on the most amazing picture that is posted. Gee, thanks sis. Baha