Sunday, October 12, 2008

Twists, Turns, and Thrills of Every Kind...

It had been twelve long years, but I finally had the chance to go to Lagoon! I had a blast! My friend Tyler got tickets, so we went up with his brother and sister-in-law on Friday night. Every October, they do Frightmares at Lagoon and have several haunted houses throughout the park and have it all decorated for Halloween. We only went into one haunted house because lines were crazy long to get in. (I was okay with that... I'm not exactly a big fan of getting scared.)

As for the rides, they were so fun! I don't entirely enjoy heights, but I LOVE roller coasters. So I tend to spend most of the 60 second ride screaming at the top of my lungs while closing my eyes as tight as I can. Every now and then I will get brave and open them, only to realize how high up I really am, so I quickly shut them again. But there is something about flying around the coaster spinning and twisting. It is such a rush! Clay and Jess (Tyler's bro and sis-in-law) went on the Sky Coaster (the one where you get pulled up 150 feet in the air and drop) and tried to get me and Tyler to go. I was a chicken and wouldn't go. So we stayed at the bottom and filmed them falling. Maybe next time I am up there I will do it... maybe. (Shhh..... I kinda wish I would have done it...) I am having a hard time deciding which ride was my favorite. It's a toss up between Wicked and The Spider. Both were equally fun, fast and terrifying. Other fun rides included the Samurai, The Rocket and Re-Entry, and Wild Mouse.



Wicked: You start this ride by being blasted straight up (see the really tall tower? That's what you get blasted up!) and then immediately fall straight back down, followed by sharp twists, turns, and loops. Wowzers.


The Spider: For this ride, two people ride forward and two ride backward. As you start twisting on the coaster, the car starts to spin as well. So as you are flipping around loops, etc., your car is spinning every which way. Such a fun ride!!!

I had so much fun and can't wait to get back up there! It was definintely worth braving the chilly weather, the dizziness and nausea, and was most definitely worth the rush that came with each ride!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Fun!! We actually spent Saturday at Six Flags Fiesta Texas on Saturday -- so I can relate!

Kelsey M. said...

Woot woot for Lagoon! That place is fun, especially in October. I didn't get to go this summer...bummer man. I'm glad you had such a fun time though!

Valerie Hall said...

I am glad you got to end up going! Looks like lots of fun.