Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Perks of Being a Teacher

I love my job. Today I loved it even more. Today was Lagoon Day, and who was I to deny a free ticket into Lagoon? I mean, seriously. I got paid to have fun? Best day ever. And actually, what really made it the best day was that Mare was able to come with me. She even rode the bus up with us ('cause she's an awesome friend like that who saved me and my sanity). We had a great time, and were highly entertained by the students. What's better than a fun day with your best friend, free passes in, free lunch, and free entertainment? Not much, I say. Not much.



One highlight of the day included the kid who made an attempt to flirt with me. He was trying to get me to go on a ride with him by telling me he was scared to go on it alone. He thought things were going pretty smoothly until he asked which school we were from. I simply replied, "I teach in Payson." He immediately froze and said, "Oh! That's a nice town." and silently slid back to his friend.

3 comments:

maremee said...

I still laugh thinking about that sweet lil' smooth talking cowboy. Thanks for the fabulous free day! :) I love the Music Express ride.

annie said...

That is too funny. I am glad you had a fun time.

Most of the rides at Lagoon make me sick. I haven't been in 15 years.

Kelsey M. said...

how fun!! glad you guys got to go have fun. thats hilarious about the student.