Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom is simply amazing. Let me tell you about her. She is the best mom in the world! She works so hard to take care of our family and never complains! She is an amazing example of patience and Christ-like love and is always willing to help. My mom has taught me so much and I can't even begin to list everything, but I will list a few:
- She taught me how to sew and do embroidery.
- She taught me how to cook (a talent I still need her help with... and she gladly gives the help!)
- She taught me how to clean.
- She taught me how to work hard and that by working hard, we can achieve great things.
- She has supported me through my education and lets me know she is proud of what I do and the goals I have set.
- She teaches me that sometimes life doesn't go how you think it will, but that's okay, because it all works out in the end.
- She has taught me the importance of being patient.
- She has taught me how to be faithful through difficult times.
- She has been an incredible example of what it means to be Christ-like.
- She has taught me the importance of doing my best in everything I do.
- She has helped me to understand that the Lord is in control and we must trust Him.
- She has helped me to notice the beautiful things in life and to appreciate them.
- She loves her family more than anything else, and we all know that because of the sacrifices she makes for us.
- She lets me be myself and lets me make my own decisions, but is always there to support me and guide me.
- She and my dad have given me an incredible example of a good solid marriage.
- She is strong and faithful, and I love to watch her example.
- I learned the importance of prayer very young when I came into her room and saw her kneeling beside her bed. I will never forget that.
- She has taught me how to be a good mother, and I hope that someday I can be the kind of mother she is.

Mom, thank you for your amazing example. I love you more than you know. You are simply the best! I love you!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful words. Your mom will tear up when she reads this. I'd say you are lucky to have each other. Happy Mama's Day!

Kelsey M. said...

I LOVE MOM! She's the best. :)

Karin said...

I love you too Sharon!! You're a great example to me and I admire your family. You have done so well as a mother and your family is some of my favorite people ever. Happy Mother's Day.

Loges- that is such a cute picture of you girls. I'll see you soon.

How Sweet it is! said...

Thanks Logan, Its easy being a mom with such wonderful children! I love you too!

brit said...

your mom is awesome! i am glad she is in my life, even if i only get to see her once in awhile, and i am really glad she is in my parents' lives.

this picture of you all is DARLING.

Did you design the header for you blog? it is so cute. i am excited for your mac. it will be much friendlier with your photography too . . .