Saturday, May 30, 2009

Me and the Weed Trimmer

I got ambitious today and whipped out the weed trimmer after I had finished mowing the lawn. I have never in my 25 years operated a weed trimmer. And I attempted to do it today without any help. Oh boy. After trying to get the dang thing started for about 5 minutes (I finally found the right combination of levers and buttons), I proceeded to "trim" the yard. I started out in the back yard so as not to embarrass myself if it went wrong. I'm glad I did. There are a few places that are extra trimmed. And there may or may not be a few holes. Oops. But I tried. I thought I would have it down by the time I reached the front yard. Not so much. But at least it looks better than the backyard! Better luck next week! And I'm really glad my dad didn't get mad that he had to fix the weed trimmer when I was done with it. It's kind of a problem when you get too close to the fence too many times... it shortens your blades. A lot. Like to the point where there is nothing left on one side and only an inch or so left on the other. Oops. But the lawn looks lovely. Just don't look too close!

Perhaps it would have been better had I used a toy weed trimmer like this one...

2 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

Baha. It looks lovely.

How Sweet it is! said...

The lawn looks great. just remember, not to weed wack your legs, that really hurts!