Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Perspective

Skyler and I were walking to church on Sunday when we came across a lawn that was covered with dandelions and white dandelion seeds. Skyler got really excited, started picking the "flowers" and said, "Oh, Logan! Look how many wishes I can make!"
I couldn't help but giggle as I watched him blow the seeds off into oblivion. There was pure joy in his face and he was absolutely thrilled to be there in that moment. I'm glad I got to share it with him. He reminded me that it's all about perspective. I thought they were weeds. He thought of them as wishes.
Sure am glad I have this little guy around to remind me what's important.

4 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

What a sweetie.

Karin said...

That is so cute and what a good reminder of how we can look at things. He is such a sweetheart and I hope all of his wishes come true!!

Jan said...

That's what I love best about kids -- so much to learn from them, if we will.

maremee said...

I love it. I'm going to try and not hate dandelions so much.

verification word:
sessist

sounds like sexist