Thursday, July 23, 2009

"Come What May and Love It"

"Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts."

I'm not a big fan of change. I never have been. Even the good changes are hard. But as I am in the midst of some major changes, I am learning that they are okay. Because they will cause me to grow and to become better. No pain, no gain.
There's comfort in knowing that I am not alone in this and that the people I am closest to are changing, too. Weddings happen, babies come, and school decisions must be made. But we make those adjustments and continue living. Because if we don't, we stop while life keeps moving. We grow and change together, and that makes it so much easier to handle.



3 comments:

Jan said...

Beautiful words. Change is so hard - -but it can be done when we can all do it together. That's what I love about life.

And i loved that talk, too!

How Sweet it is! said...

You are a wonderful daughter, and going to be a wonderful teacher. I know change is hard, but we all grow from it! love ya

Kelsey M. said...

Sooo true change is tough and I also don't like to face it too often. It'll all be okay though! Change will definitely make you grow and learn and get outside of your comfort zone. It can be great. :) I love you sis.