Sunday, July 5, 2009

Let Freedom Ring!



This year's 4th of July was so fun! It was the perfect day! We didn't stop all day:
- Valerie & I ran the Freedom Run 5K (and I surprisingly did well! Beat my time from the race I ran 3 weeks ago by 5 minutes! Guess Jillian's trash kicking is paying off!)
- After the race, we went to the Freedom Festival Parade
- Then we had a tasty BBQ and fun swimming party at Scott & Melinda's house. Hamburgers, chips, fresh fruit & veggies, homemade raspberry lemonade, sno cones and birthday cake!
- Came home and took a nap
- Headed to Grandma and Grandpa's house where we watched the neighbor do fireworks
- Watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks with the kids
- Came home and crashed while trying to read Harry Potter

What a day! But it was so much fun. I think the 4th of July is one of my most favorite holidays. We have so much fun with our family all day, so it makes for one of the best holidays. Only 364 days until the next one! :)

2 comments:

Kelsey M. said...

Woot! Such a fun day.

maremee said...

Yay for Freedom Festival races. Yay for 4th.